Thursday, December 10, 2015

How to Play Mid in SMITE

Should You Play Mid in SMITE?
Credit to Getsukeii at getsukeii.deviant.com
Should You Play Mid?
 If you want to play as a Mid in SMITE, you need to know how to control the mid camps, rotate to team fights, stay back and do damage during a fight.


  If you answered yes, keep reading. If you don’t know what position you want to play or if you want to try Mid anyway keep reading. If not try another Role Guide or keep reading for fun, I would.


What is a Mid?  

Here you can see Agni using us Ult which does a lot of damage in an AOE attack.
   Mid laners are usually mages with some special exceptions here and there like Neith and Chaac. Your main job is to control the mid camps rotate around to team fights when you can and deal a lot of damage late game. Oh did I tell you that you are suppose to control the MID camps on the side of the MID lane...I don't know if these jokes are funny but no one told me they aren't so I'm going to keep doing them.


What Do Mids Build?   
  Mid laners can honestly be built differently depending on which god you play but I'll show you 2 basic builds. The main thing to know when you build a mage is that you should start with Vampiric Shroud and Lost Artifact because this start gives you a little power, MP5, HP and shroud's passive gives you good sustain. The first is a more of a tanky and safer build and the other just more for damage.


Credit to ELITE OWNAGE for the App Used in the Image 
   My first build follows the basic start of Vampiric Shroud and Lost artifact, then I build Shoes of Focus so I can have early cool down and more mana which lets me use abilities more often. Then I go into Warlock's Sash so I can get tank with more health, cast more often with more mana, plus I hit harder with power. Plus the passive gives me more power and health as I get more kills.


Credit to ELITE OWNAGE for the App Used in the Image

  After that I finish my Lost Artifact and turn it into Chrono's Pendant to get max cooldown, power to hit harder, and MP5 so I don't have to worry about running out of mana. Next we get Obsidian Shard to get some penetration that will help get objectives and kills. My fifth item can be a situational item but usually I get Bancroft's Talon to get power and more life steal. For the final item I sell off Rod of Tahuti for a godly amount of power...don't even lie you know that was funny. Did I mention that Rod's passive increase you magical by 25% that's ALOT.


  

Credit to ELITE OWNAGE for the App Used in the Image

 For my damage build, I follow the basic start of Vampiric Shroud and Lost artifact, then I build Shoes of the Magi so I can have early penetration and some power . Then I go into Book of Thoth so I can start stacking, Book gives you a good amount of power, mana and MP5 plus the passive gives you more mana and converts 3% of you mana into power...that's a lot of power trust me it will hurt.After that I finish my Lost Artifact and turn it into Chrono's Pendant to get some cooldown, power to hit harder, and MP5 so I don't have to worry about running out of mana. Next we get Obsidian Shard to get some penetration that will help get objectives and kills. My fifth item you can get Soul Reaver to get a lot of power but when you are new I recommend having a lifesteal item like Bancroft's because it gives you power and lifesteal.

When you feel comfortable playing as a mid without life steal then swap it out for Soul Reaver. 


Credit to ELITE OWNAGE for the App Used in the Image

  For the final item I sell off Vampiric Shroud to get Rod of Tahuti for even more power, you can never have too much you know. Did I mention that Rod's passive increase you magical by 25% that's hurts... really bad.




What do I do as an Mid?

Start:

Credit to SMITE Academy for the Basic Map at smiteacademy.wordpress.com
  When the game starts you want to buy Vampiric Shroud, Lost Artifact , a health potion and a mana potion. Once you buy your items then run to damage buff and with your ADC and Support for yourself then rotate to mid lane and push/defend your lane to keep control of the mid xp camps. If you see your jungler get to the camps first rotate to help them or if you see the enemy mid laner start to rotate. If their jungler gets their before your jungler, try to keep them in lane to poke them down, or try and contest the mid camps if you feel comfortable with it. But if the enemy jungle and mid laner are both in lane stay back until your jungler is with you before you try and fight them.

Early Game: 

 During the laning, phases you mainly just want to farm and poke you the opposing mid laner as much as you can. When the mid camps spawn, you want to clear the wave and rotate over hopefully with your jungler but sometimes you might have to get them alone.

Mid Game:
  

Once you get to the 10 minute mark you should be collecting stacks and working on building cooldown. At this point you want to push your lane as much as can, poke the Tier 1 Tower if you can [AKA all enemy players are either dead or in another lane & you have minions to push with] and controlling mid camps. You also want to ward in front of mid harpies if your lane is pushed up or ward behind of the mid harpies if your lane is being pushed. When there is nothing for you to do in lane and harpies are down, check which lanes are being pushed and go help them or if an enemy is getting low help them get the kill. DON'T KILL STEAL only take the kill if they are about to get away.

Late Game:  

Once you get to late game your job is to HIT PEOPLE IN THE FACE, or at least hit them really hard with your abilities. Mage Ults are amazing when it comes to securing objectives* and even better at stealing objectives.* You also want to stay at a distance during fights and be able to zone out enemies. To either cover your team as the heal or to cover a retreat.
Red are the Mid Camps you need to Control
Light Blue are the area you want to ward as you start pushing lane 
Darker Blue are where you want to ward if you are getting pushed 
Purple are the Objective that you can do a lot of damage to using your ults
(excluding the Titan)

***In this situation I am only talking about Gold Fury, Fire Giant and Titans abilities don't damage towers.


Tips for Mid:

  • During team fights make sure you don't get swallowed 
  • Get your damage buff when it’s up 
  • Ward in front of mid harpies if your lane is pushed up 
  • Ward behind of the mid harpies if you are pushed back
  • If you are getting focused and can’t escape get blink
  • Play safe you can do damage but can't take that much

No comments:

Post a Comment